Download the final scientific programme.
This section contains video material and photos from our conference. Please note that we only upload lectures and student talks that we have permission to share publicly.
We are pleased to present the proceedings of the 2nd HBP Student Conference - Transdisciplinary Research Linking Neuroscience, Brain Medicine and Computer Science - held in Ljubljana, Slovenia from 14 to 16 February 2018.
- Fernaud Isabel - Why does ICT need biology?
- Gewaltig Marc-Oliver - Neurorobotics: An introduction
- Gewaltig Marc-Oliver - The Human Brain Project: Virtualizing and Accelerating Neuroscience
- Heinis Thomas - Querying and Analysing Big Scientific Data
- McIntosh Randy - Building and Interacting with TheVirtualBrain
- Roig Gemma - Designing Artificial Visual Intelligence Systems (...)
- James Robert - SpiNNakEar: Auditory pathway modelling on SpiNNaker neuromorphic hardware
- Kaiser Jacques - Learning Movements by Imitation from Event-Based Visual Prediction
- Rosell Gemma - A Complex Network Framework to Model Cognition
- Urbain Gabriel - Design of a Bio-inspired Compliant Quadruped Robot for Research on Closed-Loop Locomotion Control
- Vasquez Tieck Juan Camilo - Towards Grasping with Spiking Neural Networks for Anthromorphic Robot Hands
- Vilimelis Aceituno Pau - The structure of complex neural networks and its effects on learning
- Betancur Ochoa Juan Esteban - Detection of pathological ageing with artificial neural networks
- De La Fuente Garcia Sofia - Detecting cognitive decline through dialogue processing
- Echegoyen Ignacio - Ordinal Synchronization
- Kostovska Ana - Semantic annotation of data on neurodegenerative diseases using ontologies
- Purver Matthew - Analysing Dialogue to Support Detection of Alzheimerʼs Disease
- Schneider Steffen - Don‘t classify, generate: Dreaming up EEG sequences (...)
- Fernandez Musoles Carlos - Communication optimisation in distributed SNN simulations
- Ivan Martinez Perez - cuHinesBatch: Solving Multiple Hines systems on GPUs
- Kirchner Jan Hendrik - Exponential First Passage Time Approximations of Neuron Model (...)
- Pol Santamaria - Big data for HPC: the Human Brain Project
- Sirvent Raül - Dynamic Resource Management for Interactive Supercomputing in Neuroscience
Gewaltig Marc-Oliver - The Human Brain Project: Virtualizing and Accelerating Neuroscience
The Human Brain Project: Virtualizing and Accelerating Neuroscience
Speaker: Marc-Oliver Gewaltig, École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
2nd HBP Student Conference - Transdisciplinary research linking neuroscience, brain medicine and computer science
14 - 16 February 2018
Central Post Office, Ljubljana, Slovenia