2nd Teaching Cycle
The HBP Curriculum on Interdisciplinary Brain Science combines web-based distance learning courses and face-to-face workshops that provide basic lessons in the HBP core fields neuroscience, medicine and ICT as well as the complementary subjects of ethics and intellectual property rights.
The courses are open to the whole scientific community, regardless of affliation with the HBP or not, but especially target the following groups:
• Master‘s students already carrying out research
• PhD students
• Researchers who have received their doctoral degree within the past three years at the time of their application for training
The workshop programmes are based on the respective online lectures and provide deeper insights as well as practical exercises. Video lectures are publicly available. Each online lecture will be supplemented by a discussion forum and additional learning material for each course.
Participants have the possibility of taking an exam related to the online content of the courses. Upon successful completion, ECTS credits can be awarded. The credits are awarded by the Medical University of Innsbruck / Austria (MUI) if the following conditions are fulfilled:
• Full attendance of one workshop (late application possible)
• Registration for HBP Online Course on Interdisciplinay Brain Science via e-mail to email@example.com, stating which online course(s) you would like to attend
(deadline 23 May 2018)
• Attendance of the online course(s)
• Successful completion of exam(s)
In total, it is possible to achieve a maximum of 10 ECTS credits for all 5 courses.
The credits for the 5 courses are distributed as follows:
• Brain medicine for non-specialists: 2,5 ECTS
• Neurobiology for non-specialists - Basic: 1 ECTS; Advanced: 1 ECTS –> total: 2 ECTS*
(* It is possible to only take the Basic exam, or both Basics and Advanced, but not only the Advanced exam.)
• ICT for non-specialists: 1,5 ECTS
• Research, ethics and societal impact: 1,5 ECTS• Intellectual property rights, translation and exploitation of research: 2,5 ECTS
Examination fee: 30€ (per exam).
Intro video curriculum